Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fishing Fun

On a lighter note Bob, Dakota, Skylar, Dylan and myself went fishing Sunday at a pond near Bob's work and we had a blast. Dylan got the first bite of the day which turned out to be a snapping turtle, and yes we did let it go. No turtle soup for us. lol Although Dylan boasted the most catches for the day, I have to say that Skylar was a very close second place and I think she caught the biggest. Dakota was upset that he wasn't the pro fisherman that he normally is when he goes fishing with his dad and his uncle John. But we let him know that we were helping Skylar and Dylan and that he was fishing all by himself. I think that made him feel a little better. We did let most of them go back into the water until we were being stalked by a Blue Herron I think, so we gave him a few fish so he soon realized we were no threat to him and he went back to his perch for the rest of the time we were there.
After that we went and ate lunch and no it wasn't seafood it was McDonald's. We also stopped at a road side stand and bought a crate of strawberries. YUM!! Then we went home and just chilled the rest of the afternoon. I love my life.....

No comments: